Sat, 24 June|
Warrnambool Community Garden
Members' planning day
We need your help to decide what's next for the garden. Come along for a bit, or all and share your thoughts on how we can make the garden even better.
Time & Location
24 June, 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
Warrnambool Community Garden, 2 Grieve St, Warrnambool VIC 3280, Australia
About the event
Last year we received some funding from the Jones Family Foundations to complete our delayed strategic planning process .
Through a robust process with several workshops we have settled on the following goals to guide our garden for the next 5 years:
- We will nurture a strong and inclusive community, creating opportunities for connection and learning between members
- We will respect and nurture our members
- We will be clear about the opportunities and benefits of membership, and work with members to meet their expectations
- We will foster the next generation of leaders and support new members
- We will strengthen relationships with our partners
- We will seek growth and improvements
- We will prioritise site improvements that contribute to our sustainability, increase member and visitor satisfaction and improve the Garden experience
- We will prioritise financial sustainability
Now we need your help to turn these goals into actions. We're holding a members' planning day focused on three key themes. Come along to one, two or to all sessions. We'll provide lunch between sessions 2 and 3. Book your place so we can cater for you.
- 9-10:30am - People: How can we continue to build a great community, find and support new members, and make sure we have future leaders as we grow?
- 11am-12:30pm - Place: With the quarry nearing completion and ongoing maintenance happening in our main Garden areas, what else can we do to make our site a beautiful, inviting, enjoyable place?
- 2-3:30pm - Projects: There are current projects like the quarry and the Market that are well underway and reasonably embedded. What's next? Are there any ideas rattling around in your head? Something you've seen at another garden or something that you think would be a fun activity?
If you can't make it, but still have a suggestion, or would like to help with a certain goal, email Rob at email@example.com and we'll make a note.
1 hour 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes