All workshops will take place under COVID-19 physical distancing requirements - bookings essential!
(see further down for details of each workshop
COMPOSTING 101 - SATURDAY, 25 JULY, 11:00-12:00pm - BOOK NOW
GARDEN TOOL MAINTENANCE - SATURDAY, 8 AUGUST, 11:00-12:00pm - BOOK NOW
COMPOSTING 101 - SATURDAY, 25 JULY, 11:00-12:00pm
Composting is one of the best ways to reduce our own waste, produce new life for plants, drastically improve soil quality, increase moisture retention, and so much more. Closing the waste loop is critical to becoming more sustainable, and it is super easy to do!
You will learn:
- What is compost & the different types of compost.
- Uses of compost - what is a living soil and how does it help plants grow.
- Building your compost.
- What is meant by aerobic and anaerobic.
- Worm farm basics - there may be an option to buy composting worms on the day.
Get some friends together, get outside and learn something new together that you can use right away.
GARDEN TOOL MAINTENANCE - SATURDAY, 8 AUGUST, 11:00-12:00pm
“Good tools really are a gardeners’ best friend. They make our working lives so much easier, and if we look after them, they’re safer to use, they reduce the chance of spreading diseases between plants, and of course if cared for correctly, they’ll last for years.” Gardening Australia
You will learn:
- Basic types of tools and safe storage.
- Short term and long term maintenance.
- Maintaining blades, including sharpening single and double sided bevels.
- Secateurs and hedge trimmers.
- Maintaining handles, especially wood.
- Types of spades that should be sharpened, and how to do it.
Get your tools ready for Spring and make them last for year with our tool maintenance workshop.